Thursday, May 23, 2013

Purse Organization


So, today I want to share with you a little tutorial that will save you tons of time! I was going to post something else today but was inspired by A Bowl Full of Lemons Weekly Organizing challenge to organize thenshow off your purse! Well, over the last year my purse has been pretty darn clean usually. I attribute this to a couple of things.

  1. My beautiful daughter isn’t really a “kid” anymore & carries her own purse so I don’t have all of her junk in there.
  2. I have all of my items organized in to little areas in my bag!

Seriously, it is amazing how nice everything will stay once you get everything in where it needs to go and give it a “home”. This also makes changing bags super easy! Which, if you’re anything like me it’s close to the top of your do to list  once you get dressed for the day! Check out my lime green right now. So…here it is…my bag!

This is everything all laid out. Yes, I took these while in my car...that is a rare occasion!

So, we are city dwellers. We live right smack in the middle of downtown. I love it, but it means that when we go places I need to be prepared because I can’t just “stop home” or grab something out of the car because we walk everywhere or take transit. So, preparation is a must, this is how I ensure we have everything we need!

These are a gem!!! I love to wear heels; it is a rare occasion that I am not wearing heels so I always carry a pair of foldable flats in my bag. These ones are from “Fit in Clouds” they are amazing. They've lasted me a year now & I've literally walked miles in them! I've even loaned them to a friend in need. So, I definitely recommend investing in them, they are well worth the money!

Next is my little emergency kit. 


I have always tried to have one of these since I was a teenager. I put this one in a bag that was a free sample from target once! In it I keep the following:
  • Shout wipe for stains
  • Advil (in it is also 2 DayQuil pills)
  • Carmex for the winter
  • Hawaiian Tropic lip balm for the summer
  • Dior sparkle lip gloss because some days just need sparkle ;)
  • Bandaids
  • The lipstick I wore the last time we go out (yes, it’s Barbie pink…it’s fab, don’t hate)
  • A small notepad my mom got me. She probably thinks I got rid of it ages ago when really it goes everywhere with me!
  • More pens than I realized I had!
  • Way more nail files than I realized I had!
  • A Ziploc bag. Yes, this is “odd” but, my teenager gets terrible motion sickness & since we take transit a lot I keep it in there just in case & that way we have a way to zip it up until the next stop.
  • A pad & a pantyliner as you can never be without that as a woman my age & you never know when a friend may need one.
  • Dior cosmetic mirror.
  • Bobby pins & safety pins.
  • I am out of mints so I need to get some of those.
  • I am also out of double stick tape so I need to get a small roll of that. I keep it in my kit just in case of a wardrobe malfunction I can tape it back together ;) Sounds silly but it’s come in handy…obviously, since I am out!

The last thing I have is a mini-first aid kit. This is what I have in there:
  • 2 antiseptic wipes
  • Aloe
  • Large bandaids & gauze
  • I need to add in there some hand sanitizer

I also keep in the back pocket an antique mirror with a crochet case that was my grandmothers. It still has the little makeup applicator pad that smells delicious. It makes me smile every time I see it.
That covers my bag! I want to see yours now!! Feel free to send them to adjustingandreadjusting@gmail.com, I’d love to share some with my readers!!!

Now, in the comments tell me what your must have item is that you’d know instantly was gone from your bag? Mine would be my foldable flats. My feet would explode some nights without those! ;)

Linking up to this awesome new link party: Organize It! Link Party

I selected this post to be featured on Blog Nation. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!

8 comments:

  1. Always so organized!!!!! Love the green btw! And now i need to run out and buy those flats you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those flats are a godsend! I love them, they've saved me more than once! hehe

      Delete
  2. Good morning, I am coming over from this weekend's Saturday share. Thank you for co hosting. I wish I could be organized!
    http://thisolemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Coming to you from the Saturday Share. Great ideas. Purses are always such a pain to keep organized. I am always forgetting something when I switch my bag and my son has a peanut allergy so I need to be so careful not to forget his epi pens. I have a small bag from Coach that fits my coupons, epi pens, lipstick and cell phone. This fits in most of my other bags and as long as I do not forget that I am good!
    Jan @ An Ideal Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little emergency kit is such a good idea! Happy SITS Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little snapshot into you and what's important. You are very organized! I carry a lot of the same things, but not as neatly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your little emergency kit. What a great idea to keep your purse organized. Stopping by from SITS, hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to organize my purse! Arggh! It always has some extra things...cheerios, receipts, old fruit snack packages... I should clean it once a week!

    ReplyDelete