Saturday, September 7, 2013

September Blog Challenge: Best Piece of Advice I've Received


The best piece I've ever received is from my grandmother. Sadly, I don't think I personally have any digital pictures of her. I will have to look through my photo albums and get one though. Whenever I think of the best advice it was when I was pregnant and she said to get an "old fashioned" clock that ticks, wrap it in a blanket and put it in the crib near where my new baby would sleep. She said it reminds them of the mother's heartbeat and along with swaddling will help the baby sleep better, thus giving you more rest. I did this for about the first 6 months of my daughter's life. I felt like it gave her security feeling like I was there and I never had a problem with her sleeping.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received?


1 comment:

  1. That is really interesting advice. I can't sleep with a ticking clock or many other noises...so I wonder if my mom had done this as a baby if I would be a heavier sleepr!

    ReplyDelete