Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Social: Jobs

Sunday Social


Today is all about jobs! Most people's least favourite subject! hehehe Once I found something I loved to do I never minded going to work in the mornings. Now that I get up everyday and am automatically at my "job"....it's even better! ;)

1. What is your dream job?
Having a successful Etsy store selling things I love to make....along with a "side" business of teaching different craft classes.

2. If you had just won the lottery and didn’t need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
I'd travel! I seriously would go everywhere and I would find places to volunteer and ways to help others with my knowledge and experience. Ideally I'd love to volunteer with young women (15-early 20's) in developing nations teaching them anything that could help them to live a better life! That's actually why I majored in political science but then realized that having a young child and family it would be difficult to dash off to the peace corp ;)

3. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
When in University major in some area of education if you want to be a teacher of any kind. I didn't major in education and it makes it really difficult when I move to get my credentials changed over. Very frustrating, and living in a different country, even though it is still part of North America has an education degree requirement, there are no "certificates" for teaching to add to my bachelor's degree so that is one regret I have.

4. What would be your ideal “just for fun” job?
Is pinterest pinner a job?! hahaha

5. What was your first “real” job?
Well, I started my family young so my first "real" job was order entry for an advertising firm.

1 comment: