Sunday, December 8, 2013

Menu Plan Monday #30 +the obligatory weekend recap

Welcome back to Monday!!! 16 days until Christmas and just 6 days until my "baby" is 14!!! Where has the time gone?! I used to get so annoyed at my mother for saying that, but geez, now that I'm an adult I say it all the time. So, sorry, Mom-I totally feel ya now!

Anyway, this weekend was a big weekend for my daughter, she had her first cheer competition of the season. They didn't win this one, but they know what their deductions are to work on for the next time...biggest tip: make sure everyone's shoes are tied well! Here's the weekend in pictures....

So her competition was at the Olympic Oval in Richmond, BC. Gorgeous facility and area. We took the skytrain and this was just about a 10 min walk from the train. It was so cold, but I'm pretty sure with the way the lines were to pay for parking on the way out we saved ourselves a solid hour at least by taking the train!

The girls after they performed! They did amazing. So proud!

Her new t-shirt, she was super stoked to get it!

Went grocery shopping to start my holiday eat good challenge this week. I even managed to turn grocery shopping into a workout. I even took the hilliest way home possible to work up a sweat! 

After dinner, the advent calendar activity was to bake gingerbread men. Aren't they cute? We used up the last of our Halloween candy to decorate them! hehehe ;)

Now that you know what we've been up to, let's move on to a very important part of starting our week off on the right foot....


This week I am starting my first clean eating support group, so my meals will reflect our clean eating. Eating good, clean foods is so important for our health and overall fitness. In fact, it may be even more important than your actual workout because we all know that no matter how much you workout, you can't outwork a bad diet.

Breakfast
Monday: Kiddo: Cereal with banana Me: Green Juice & 2 hard boiled eggs
Tuesday: Kiddo: French toast bites, hard boiled egg, and apple slices Me: Big Ass Pancake with nut butter and banana
Wednesday: Charity Breakfast
Thursday: Same as Monday
Friday: Same as Tuesday
Saturday: Omelette's with bacon and back bacon
Sunday: Treats from yoga ;)

Lunch:
Monday: Leftovers from Saturday's meal
Tuesday: Veggie burrito bowls
Wednesday: Leftover's of some kind
Thursday: Kiddo: Grilled Cheese bites and soup Me: Beet Juice and hard boiled eggs
Friday: Kiddo: Philly cheese steak kebabs with peppers and carrots Me: Beet Juice and hard boiled eggs
Saturday: Grilled cheese, cucumber bites, and soup
Sunday: Bacon and cheese potato rounds/sweet potato rounds, salad

Dinner:
Monday: (Red and Green Themed Dinner) Spaghetti with salad (traditional and spaghetti squash)
Tuesday: Chicken Wings/chickpea nuggets with veggies 
Wednesday: BBQ cheese burgers, zucchini, corn, carrot mash
Thursday: Taco's with salad
Friday: Ribs with potato and sweet potato wedges with roasted carrots
Saturday: Make your own pizza's with salad
Sunday: Dinner out at Hamburger Mary's for her big 1-4 (New Restaurant Friday "throw back")!

Snacks: Fruit, veggies, hummus and lentil chips,  and protein balls, and Shakeology

Come on over and follow me on Instagram as I will be posting pictures & recipes of my dinner's all week to keep me accountable and following my menu...if you come connect over on Facebook, tell me about your menu or show me pictures!

So, this is what we are planning for the week; lots of homemade, delicious food. What sort of yummies do you have on your menu? Trying any new recipes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment