Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday +weekly workout update!

Happy Wednesday y'all! I can't believe we are at the end of January already...this year is going to fly by, I just know it!

We have a very busy month coming up in February so get ready for some awesome food posts as at one point we are going out of the country and at another point we are spending some time in Seattle!

This week though was fairly busy and honestly I forgot to take pictures of my food. :-/ I have been running a couple of fitness challenge groups and trying to guide people to better health and nutrition so while I am eating well, it's sort of on the back burner for me to take pictures. But, I do have a couple of things to show y'all...




This is bone broth! Basically, for my cauliflower soup in my meal plan for this week I needed some broth. In the 21 Day Sugar Detox book they tell you how to make bone broth. It's super easy. First, I roasted a chicken so I would have some leftover for making lunches & some dinners this week. Next, I took the carcass & put it in the crockpot with 2 quarts of water (8 cups) and half a bulb of garlic. I let it cook for 8 hours on high & then just before I went to bed I reset it for 10 hours and then turned it off when I got up, it smells so delicious and tastes even better! It made 5 nice size jars of broth!

This is the cauliflower I bought for the week I am going to make with these:
Cauli-rice
&
Mashed Cauliflower.
The cuali-rice I will serve one meal with just coconut oil and salt & pepper like regular rice and the other one I will make like a fried rice with coconut aminos, peas, carrots, and a little egg scrambled in. For the mashed cauliflower I will be using this recipe. Yummy!

This was my snack yesterday...double chocolate shakeoloyg (4 oz unsweetened chocolate almond milk, 6-8 oz water mixed with a scoop of chocolate shakeology). It is so, so, so yummy! Love it!

Now my workouts have looked like this:
Wed: X3Yoga
Thurs: CVX
Friday: The Warrior
Saturday: Learned to snowboard with the fam
Sunday: Rest...was so sore from snowboarding I could hardly move lol
Monday: Isometrix
Tuesday: Dynamix
Today: Accelerator

This week since Monday has been my transition week into block 2 of P90X3. It has been absolutely fantastic! I am really loving it and really feeling the deep down effects! Here are some pictures...

From dynamix. The big picture is my post workout...I totally rocked it! The rest are just clips taken throughout. It's a super fun one! You work up a great sweat!

This is from Isometrix. This is the first time I'd ever done this one. It was basically all plank work & balance work. I can't wait to do it again!

For more on my P90X3 journey check out my youtube channel I post a video diary each day immediately after my workout!

How have your workouts been going? If you are interested in joining a challenge group I mentioned I have going on send me an email at katen21@gmail.com or visit me on Facebook! I would love to help you reach your goals!


2 comments:

  1. You look killer!

    I would try making some cauliflower pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is amazing. If only you did fashion as well, I'd never leave it!

    ReplyDelete