Sunday, April 27, 2014

Moving Menu Plan Monday +this week's workouts!

Boy, this last week has been crazy! Seriously we have completely emptied our house, sold all of our belongings except for clothes and shoes, shipped memory items off to my mother and doled a few things out to other relatives that probably didn't want the crap but I need them to hang on to it, so they were voluntold. Thanks guys!

Org Junkie
So, today for Menu Plan Monday I am doing something a little different. We are eating out everyday until we get to Amsterdam, but before this I continued to cook just about everyday using up the items in my pantry, so I am going to highlight those meals today:


Breakfasts:

  • Egg Sandwiches and half a smoothie or protein shake
  • Oatmeal with miscellaneous leftovers in it: nuts, dried fruit, regular fruit, milk, cream, instant coffee
  • Smoothies
  • Protein Shakes
  • Cereal
  • Granola
  • Omelettes, bacon, toast
  • Protein pancakes (1 cup canned pumpkin or sweet potato puree and 2 eggs, fry up & serve with nut butter)

Lunches:

  • Leftovers
  • Tuna salad with crackers or lettuce wraps
  • Chicken salad with crackers or lettuce wraps
  • Omelettes and toast
  • Grilled cheese and chips or soup
  • Salad

Dinners:

  • Leftovers shmorgas board
  • Baked potato bar (with regular & sweet potatoes nom)
  • Chicken breasts with cheese and sugar snap peas
  • Taco Salad
  • Burgers with potato skins
  • Spaghetti and salad
  • Soup and grilled cheese or meatballs


These just about covered us the last two weeks we've been in Vancouver. Now that we are eating out though we had to figure out a way to not spend a ton while eating out. We are eating out just about every single meal now so that gets expensive.

Tip for eating out when moving

  • Breakfasts: buy oatmeal in heat & serve cups & eat with plastic cutlery
  • For coffee bring reusable mugs, all coffee shops & 7-11's I've ever been to give a discount for using your own cup.
  • Lunches: look for things like tuna salad kits, easy mac, premade salads in their own containers
  • Snacks: I like to have on hand things like nature valley bars, yogurt in individual containers, and string cheese. Those seem to do the trick and are pretty healthy.
  • When going to a restaurant look for coupons or use sites like Groupon, Living Social, and Restaurant.com
    • Places to look for coupons are in local papers, in the mail (I got some great ones for starbucks the other day lol I'm not a huge fan, but to save $ I will give in to the man for a bit :P), Entertainment book, online, facebook, twitter, foursquare
  • Look for kids eat free nights, buy1, get1 nights, loyalty card deals, etc.
  • Split your meal with someone at the table so you aren't taking home leftovers
Random tip: Moving can be difficult, make this time an adventure. I know with a 14 year old some days she is excited other days we are the worst parents in the world lol So, we use this time to divert any "sad" feelings. So, we each got to pick one meal we had to have before we left and then we picked a couple places we had really been wanting to try but hadn't gotten to yet.  

Now, my workouts for this week....this is a devilish routine. Muahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have started an event on Facebook, if you would like to join in come like me on Facebook and send me a message so I can "invite" you. I made it a private event so we don't get any creepers in there ;)

In any case this is the play list I put together:

Burpees & squats, burpees & squats....


Basically each day for 5 days we will be doing one squat challenge video & one burpee challenge video. Each video is between 8-10 min long, so 16-20 min workout each day or you can do it in addition to your current workout. Then, on the 6th day we will do a couple of stretching videos geared toward stretching the specific muscles used in burpees and squats. Then, on the 7th day we will take all the videos & do them all together...it is going to be a KILLER workout! 

So, get your stuff together and email me on facebook so I can get you into the challenge! 

So, that is my week...what are you up to in the week ahead? Any cool workouts I should add to my schedule for next month?






1 comment:

  1. This is weird but I like moving. The promise of a new place, decorating a house and unpacking appeals to me so much lol but it does make the kids crazy sometimes! I hope everything goes smooth for you!

    ReplyDelete