Friday, October 3, 2014

Travel the World in Books: Totaled by Stacy Grice

After reading a few heavier titles like Gargoyle and A Long Way Gone I was looking for something a little more "fun" to read, something with some actual physical romance in it, and a book that talked about sites and things I was familiar with. Totaled was the answer to that!


Totaled was written by someone I know, Stacy Grice. She is more a friend of a friend. Went to high school with my husband and college with my bff...so, of course I had to pick up this book!

Synopsis from Goodreads:


Bree Murphy is stuck. Forced to grow up too fast after the tragic death of her mother, she has little time for any sort of life for herself. Now in her early twenties, she is coming to the realization that she deserves to put herself first.



Drew Dougherty is also stuck, in a state of merely existing. Memories and secrets of the day he lost both of his parents haunt him, forcing him to cope the only way he knows how...by fighting.

When these two worlds collide, hidden truths are revealed and relationships are put to the ultimate test. At a crossroad in their lives, they must decide if taking a risk is worth everything.

Or will their love be…

Totaled.


It takes place near my hometown in Fernandina Beach, FL. Which really is what drew me to the book, I love reading stories where the scenery is familiar and I can literally imagine myself driving or walking where they are, or even remembering things that happened to me when in that spot.

The story is well written, told from the point of view of the two main characters, Bree and Drew. I really enjoy these stories, because in a love story, or romance, especially I think seeing both sides is really important. It makes the story not seem so desperate as it does when it is told just from one side. There is a great balance of "action", fighting and romance, to keep you hooked and wanting to get to the end as quick as possible!

These two characters have  made their way into my heart and the end was a killer, I was not happy with her "cliffhanger"...she better get to writin' so I can know what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment