Sunday, October 19, 2014

We are having guests!!!! Menu Plan Monday #58

I am so stinking excited! After a great weekend in Italy two weekends ago our friends have made their way through Europe and their last stop is Amsterdam!!!! I am super excited to show them around the city. I hope this is just the start of more visitors...hint, hint-especially to my Mom & Dad ;)

Anyway, this past weekend we had a great mix of busy family time and family down time.

Friday we started off by meeting the hubby at his work and we went off to Kermis at Dam Sqare.


This is  a super fun little fare, very small as it fits in just one square block, it sets right in front of the palace.

There are about a total of 4 rides and a fun house. There are tons of games and food. Now, I am not going to lie. Ya know how in the US you can got to a fare and get a bracelet to ride a bunch of rides for like $25? No, not here...you pay per ride. 


Yes folks, I said per ride. You would think initially this is a decent deal, especially if you only want to ride one or two rides...but no, there rides are at minimum €5 and go up to €7! I was shocked. Especially with as cheap as the Dutch tend to be I thought they'd be somewhere from €.50-€3...so, if you go, as these run I believe about once a season or so have the money ready!

My kiddo and her friend did have an absolute blast though so it was completely worth the cash we forked out! Plus while they were riding rides the hubby and I got in some nice date time walking around and enjoying all the lights and music.

Saturday we relaxed. Hubs got in some quality video game time and I slammed through a bunch of projects I had been wanting to get done.




Sunday was of course Cheer Day.


My kid is so awesome and I am so proud of her for doing these stunts...she went from level 1 to level 5 this year...at least stunt wise (cheer is really different over here lol) so I am super happy she is giving it her all and really hitting these stunts!


Once we got home we all relaxed together and did some reading and writing.


All-in-all a truly fantastic weekend and with hubby's birthday this week and our friends coming in to town I can't wait to see what else we will be up to. If you want to follow along on the adventures feel free to follow me on instagram and let me know who you are so I can follow back! 

I'm linking up over at Org Junkie!

Breakfast:
Monday: Applewiches with hazelnut butter and craisins with a side of pumpkin yogurt
Tuesday: Mixed berry oatmeal smoothie bowl
Wednesday: Toast with butter and hagelslag and cappuccino (gotta give them the full dutch experience)
Thursday: Scrambled eggs, toast, cappuccino
Friday: Easy...cereal or toast...I have a parent coffee to attend so will be grabbing and going.
Saturday: Egg and cheese croissants with oranges
Sunday: Fend for yourself. I will be in another city for a while so I will be out and about.

Lunch
Monday Scrambled eggs with tomato and butternut squash
Tuesday: Last day of Autumn break so we will go out and hit up the Nutella bakery ;)
Wednesday: Sandwiches..I am sure we will be out sight seeing and sandwiches are a pretty traditional Dutch lunch.
Thursday: Autumn Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Friday: Will lunch with the husband.
Saturday: Snack on cheese, bread, fruit
Sunday: Snack on cheese, bread, fruit

Dinner
Monday: Pumpkin slices and chili
Tuesday: Salad and whole wheat ravioli with cherry tomatoes and basil
Wednesday: Tacos
Thursday: Happy Birthday to my Hubby! We will go to a Brazilian Steakhouse.
Friday: Rotisserie chicken with whole wheat baguette and salad
Saturday: Couples night out...will get some yummy food and show our friends the nightlife
Sunday: Homemade pizza and wings for football night!

So that is it for our week...will be eating out a lot more than normal, but it will be all in good fun!

What do you have planned to eat this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment